Monday, November 1, 2010

Okra ( Ladyfinger)



My favorite vegetable ....Ladies Finger. inspiration from friends and the delicious okra fry prompted me to start roof gardening. Managed to collect seeds from Kerala Agricultural College (Nadan Vitthu). From 3 plants I am getting 13 Okra in a week to prepare curry. I stopped buying okra from shop. 13 okra is not much sufficient  to prepare a fry, now planted 5 more plants.






                                                                                        


Seed was sown on a tray first so that the seedlings can be transplanted. Make sure that the soil should not be marshy and the seedlings should be exposed to the sunlight.



After 70 days, 
Plants will give rise to leaves with small buds on the anterior part , which will fetch the flower and the fruit as it grows. Please find the snaps below on flowers and the fruit.



Flowers emerged and you can view teh pollination, when ever I reach the roof top i would be surprised to see the bees particularly for the pollination.
Okra in its shape...............
looking as fresh as it was born.........
Due drops on top of it gives a better afresh sight..........






I was excited to pluck okra and hurriedly looking to a curry rather a OKRA FRY!!!!!........


See the beauty of fingers..., the lady's finger









Fry is ready.I had the same at office   and enjoyed the taste and the output of my effort silently without making others feel of it. However I want to share my excitement, so doing it through this blog.





















No comments:

Post a Comment