Friday, October 1, 2010

Growing Tomato on terrace

let me take you through living with tomato plant it is not that exciting as Brinjal and lady's finger, I just feel so , but when I saw the first fruit it was amazing .............


seeds are sown first in a tray as the seedling would be delicate. transplanted to plastic sack.






After 40 days
Roots of the plant will not be deep into the soil, so constant check is required as the plant may lien to downwards.






A support to the plant would be better , but I am yet to fix that.




After 3 weeks I had to fix a support once I could see tomato started popping out



This is ultimate beauty and and a creation. A single plant can produce more than 15 Tomato one time if proper care is given with regular manuring and pest control measures.











Two different variety of tomatoes where grown, one verity fetch me  with 5-7 tomato per plant . Another one was a hybrid one, this verity had certain specifications on adding Urea and other fertilizers so I didn't use those, but this verity could   fetch half the size of the ordinary tomato, but interesting thing is per plant gave me around 40-60 tomatoes.







No comments:

Post a Comment